The process of accepting / refunding deposits is the same for Invoices and Repair Orders. This article uses a Repair Order in the example.
Accepting a Deposit on Invoices / Repair Orders
2. Click the Deposit Button and select Take Deposit
3. Select the Payment Type
4. Key the Payment Amount
5. Click the Add Button or click the Gold Credit Card Button, if taking the deposit with a card
6. Click Print Receipt on the toolbar
NOTE: The deposit will show in the Accounting Panel. Deposits transition to QuickBooks same day, payments transition to QuickBooks when the Invoice / Repair Order is closed.
NOTE: By default, deposits on a Multi-type RO will go on the retail portion and warranty company deposits will go on the warranty portion. Reasoning, when the deposits and Repair Order goes to QuickBooks they need to be under the same name to be auto-applied.
FYI: Payments taken as a deposit are always sent to QuickBooks individually, same day as the transaction is keyed in EverLogic, as Undeposited Funds. Payments, not keyed as a deposit, on a Repair Order or Invoice are sent to QuickBooks on the EOD, the day the Repair Order and Invoice is closed.
Refunding a Cash / Check Deposit on Invoices / Repair Orders
1. Navigate to the the Parts & Service Tab
2. Click Search Invoice / Repair Order
4. Double-click to open the Invoice / Repair Order
NOTE: The $25 deposit shows in the payment box on the accounting panel.
5. Click the down-drop menu next to Deposit and choose View Deposit(s)
6. Double-click the deposit to be refunded
7. Click the down-drop menu next to Copy and select Return
8. Click the Add Button
IMPORTANT: Click the Gold Credit Card Button, if refunding the deposit on a card.
NOTE: The $25 deposit shows in parenthesis on both the Deposit Window and Deposit List Window.
NOTE: The $25 deposit also shows in parenthesis in the payment box on the accounting panel.
9. Click Save
10. Proceed to close the Invoice / Repair Order
Refunding a Credit / Debit Card Deposit
IMPORTANT: Refunds on a credit card will be refunded to the original card used. The refund will need to be given in cash, if the original card is no longer available.
1. Open the original Invoice / Repair Order
2. Click the Deposit Button and select View Deposit(s)
3. Double-click the deposit to be refunded
4. Click the Copy Button and select Return
5. Click the Gold Credit Card Button
6. Click the Process Refund of Button
7. Click Close