Processing a partial refund is almost identical to processing a full refund with one exception, removing items not included in the refund. The first three steps in this article are the same as a full refund, step 4 four is different.
1. Open the original Invoice or Repair Order
2. Click Tools - Copy - Refund Invoice / Return RO, in the upper right corner
NOTE: This creates a new Invoice / Repair Order, with the totals in parenthesis,
as a negative.
4. Remove the parts / service not included in the refund (Right-click in the part box and select "Remove Part" or "Remove Part Kit", and / or adjust the number of items being returned in the Qty Field. Remove any Service Items not included in the return on a Repair Order.)
5. Continue based on the type of payment
- Cash or Check Refund: Click the Cash Out Button and close the Invoice.
- Credit Card Refund: Right-click the payment line and select process credit card, click the "Process Refund of $____" Button, before clicking the Cash Out Button.
IMPORTANT: Refunds on a credit card will be refunded to the original card used. The refund will need to be given in cash, if the original card is no longer available.